logo
Divegraphy is a scuba diving booking marketplace that connects you to your next dive destination in Southeast Asia.

    No feed items found.

Getting Your Advanced Open Water Scuba Certification

Photo by Sebastian Pena Lambarri

If you’re reading this article, chances are you have completed your Basic Open Water certification and now searching for Advanced Open Water programs. Assuming you have made several dive trips after you had attained you certification, you probably realised it is time to get advanced certification to tackle challenging dive sites.

Photo by Pia

Well, if you did, we would like to applaud you for achieving one of the many essential certifications in Scuba Diving to make every dive trip a safe one and also filled with discoveries. We hope that our sharing will help you feel confident and ready to be an advanced scuba diver.

Most of us know that about 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered by water and the majority of it contain up of saltwater. Did you also know that the Earth’s land only makes up 5% of our living space? Means the rest of 95% is underwater.

There are at least 21,000 known marine species and over 200,000 km of coral reefs recorded. Isn’t these facts mind-blowing? No wonder scuba diving and deep diving has attracted millions of people who are either recreational divers, marine scientists, or deep-sea expeditors.

With so much unknown waiting for us to discover and experience underwater, having the knowledge, skills and technique taught by professional scuba schools will help you prepare every dive trip, know what to look out for in your surroundings and reduce the risk of scuba accidents.

As you continue to take on more certifications or specialty programs, you will learn how to rescue, know your responsibilities as a dive buddy, or even become an instructor and more. We will share more about Advance Training another time.

During your Basic Open Water Certification, the focus is primarily on you – meaning you learned how to manage yourself and the dive equipment underwater. For Advanced Open Water, the basic still applies with the addition of having your focus on your surrounding environment.

Depending on which scuba training schools, you intend to get your certification, each training school has different prerequisites, so remember to check, especially when you’re doing a crossover between two different schools. Example, if you’re taking your certification with SSI, you must have at least completed four speciality programs and 24 logged dives.

Other scuba training schools provide Advanced Open Water certifications, such as PADI, CMAS, NAUI, TDI, SDI, to name a few. Most of them offer theory classes online too.Let your inner underwater explorer continue to thrive through attaining advanced diving skills. And of course, keep on practising during your dive trips.

We hope you are feeling eager and inspired to be certified as an Advanced Open Water diver now!

 



Divegraphy Admin

Divegraphy is a scuba diving booking marketplace that connects you to your next dive destination in Southeast Asia.

No Comments

Post a Comment

Be Part Of The Green Fins Initiative Today! Previous Post
Go Scuba Diving (at home) Next Post